How many people does it take to make a difference? – ONE
“One song can spark a moment
One tree can start a forest
One smile begins a friendship
One vote can change a nation
One life can make a difference”
One is much bigger than we can imagine. All it takes to make a difference is just one person.
Show the power of ONE through a 3 mins movie by participating in Everest short movie contest-2012 which is organized as part of Everest 6th anniversary.
Theme: The power of One
Last Date: Oct-13, 2012
- Theme for the Everest movie contest is ‘The power of One’
- Running time of the film should not exceed 3 minutes including titles
- The competition is open to all national participants (Indians)
- Each filmmaker may submit up to 5 videos for the contest.
- The films of any genre can be submitted for the competition.
- The film can be in any language and must be accompanied with English Subtitles. Film should be produced in 2012
- Suitable for all audience: No abusive language. No Swearing. No Excessive violence. Short films deemed obscene or Defamatory will be disqualified.
- The original film should be produced on demand in required format on DVD for presentation or preview purpose.
- The Everest Film committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Team Everest reserves the right to use the film or the storyline of the film for promotions and public relation purpose.
- Last date for sharing the movie link is Oct-13, 2012. Movies submitted after the deadline will not be accepted for the contest.
- Results will be announced on Oct-20, 2012
- Participation in the contest implies acceptance of these Rules and Regulation.
- Decision of the Everest short film jury shall be final and binding all parties.
How to Participate?
- Upload the best resolution video that you have in your You tube account
- After uploading, share the video link to email@example.com below details:
- Your Name
- Your Email ID
- Your Phone Number
- Alternate phone no along with person name
- Place you live
- Where was the video taken
- Short description about the video
- If your short movie qualifies for the contest, it will be shared in our facebook page www.facebook.com/everestserveindia within 3 days of receiving the video link.
- Share your video from Everest Serve India facebook page with your friends and increase the ‘Likes‘. For every Like a video gets, Rs. 10 will be added to the Total Prize money. Read ‘Details on Prize money’ section for more details
- The judgment will be made by a panel of judges and it has nothing to do with by the number of likes the video gets in the facebook.
- For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details on Prize money:
- The prize money can be utilized only for a social cause related to Education.
- Prize money will not be given as cash. The winners need to identify a cause of their choice within India and Team Everest will directly sponsor for that.
- The total prize money will be calculated based on Base Prize + (Likes fund/3) have got.
- Base prize money for Team Everest1 Min video contest-2012 is as follows:
- 1stprize ->Rs 10,000
- 2ndprize ->Rs 7,000
- 3rdprize ->Rs 5000
- Likes fund = Sum of no of Likes each video has got * Rs 10. Maximum cap for ‘Like’ Fund = Rs 75,000.
- Here is an example on how the total prize money is calculated:
- Say 50 videos have been received for this contest which will be uploaded in Everest Serve India FB page
- If each video get 50 likes then for 50 videos, we will get 50*50 = 2500 Likes
- Now, Likes fund = 2500 Likes*Rs10 = Rs 25,000.
- Now 1st prize = Base prize money + (Likes fund/3) = Rs 10,000 + (Rs25,000/3) = Rs 18,333.
- 2nd Prize = Base prize money + (Likes fund/3) = Rs 7,000 + (Rs25,000/3) = Rs 15,333.
- 3rd Prize = Base prize money + (Likes fund/3) = Rs 5,000 + (Rs25,000/3) = Rs 13,333.
Note: Animated movies are also accepted.
All the best for the participants.